Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reunion

I am in charge of the family reunion this year. We are having it near the city where I was born. It is exciting to see family that I haven't seen in a while. My cousins and I have been talking and planning for about a year now. It's strange how the responsibilities fall upon the next generation so quickly, but I am ready for the challenge. I am blessed to have a loving, caring family that wants to get together, wants to travel and have a day of fun, share memories, and bond with each other. We are all very different and have gone our own ways, but we always come back to the fact that we are family and are always there for each other. The older we get, the closer we get. I enjoy sitting up late talking to my cousins on facebook. I cherish the fact that we can be a part of each other's lives, even though we live in six different states. Family is very important, and it's not about bloodlines. It's about truly caring for each other, supporting each other and loving each other. We didn't choose to be family, but we have chosen to be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment